The last few weeks have been intense for Guapcoin! Like a baby being born, $GUAP is at that critical phase where the fetus lines up in the birth canal ready to be born and emerge — as the real black dollar. Our community is growing, adoption is swelling, and the birth of the Guapcoin ecosystem is imminent. This blog covers the last week ‘s major occurrences that confirm Guapcoin is ready for the next level.
- $GUAP for Everyday Purchases! We kicked off Guapcoin for everyday purchases through the secure online shopping platform Shopping.io. The platform launched in December of 2020, and has been gaining quick momentum andpopularity among users with digital assets. With ease and convenience, $GUAP was used to buy products from popular retailers such as Walmart, Amazon and Ebay. Simply set up an account, choose GUAP through the CoinPayments.net option and enjoy! The Guapcoin community’s response was so overwhelming that (as of this writing) Shopping.io paused sales until they can figure out a faster way to deal with the influx. We bought everything from screen protectors, to bicycles and diamonds! This black dollar has started talking! We continue to enhance your Guap experience by adding more merchants and shopping exchanges to buy the everyday goods and services you need, with a focus on buying and spending black. If you know of a merchant interested in advancing the black dollar, contact us.
- Another $GUAP Price Spike! On Saturday, Guapcoin’s price jumped to $5.37, giving us a glimpse of the future of Guapcoin. Since then, $GUAP’s price has been fluctuating between $.30 and $.50. At the time of this update, $GUAP was $.37, with an upward trend. You can buy $GUAP on the Probit exchange or at guapswap (coming soon).
- Kick Off of Dev Lab Virtual Meetings. Guap Foundation members, JR Williams (Director of Technology) and Jason Lamb (Legal Director), conducted the first dev virtual meeting of 2021 where the Guapcoin Development team shared their skillsets, hobbies and vision for Guapcoin. The devs are working diligently on improving and expanding the Guap eco-system through additional services, features, and tech upgrades. More details of those upgrades will be mentioned in the upcoming Guap Community Roadmap 2.0.
Also in the news, we continue to enhance the Guap technical experience:
- Mobile Wallet Issues Addressed. Earlier this week the Guapcoin mobile wallet experienced an issue with sending and receiving Guapcoin. Although the issue is resolved, the Guap Foundation and the Dev Team are exploring alternative avenues to optimize this process. As always, we will provide any updates to the community through the Guapcoin official website and all social media channels.
- Masternode Reward Changes Are Coming. As a result of masternode availability and reliability issues experienced among many owners, coupled with lost rewards, the Dev Team is preparing for a major update to the Guapcoin tokenomics. The update is designed to extend the life of the blockchain, extend rewards, encourage development and provide a treasury to fund development. The proposal will be presented this week to masternode owners who will then vote to implement the update. The internal gitlab has received an influx of user accounts, currently there are several projects in the works. All inactive accounts without projects will be deleted after 30 days.
So much more to come as we begin collaborations, provide business grants, and expand blockchain literacy training! Stay tuned.