Guapcoin Version 2.3.2 Is Here!
The Rosewood Phase 1 rewards increase is a major update for all users. The upgrade is simple and requires desktop wallet users to delete the blockchain and chainstate folders from the Guapcoin application directory.
This release increases rewards to 20 GUAP for Masternodes and 5 GUAP for staking. The rewards will remain at this rate until we release the Tulsa DAO upgrade in January – February, 2022.
All Masternodes and wallets must be updated before block height 1260000.
Failure to update will result in removal from the blockchain, meaning your desktop wallet or Masternode will not sync with the network, no rewards will be received, and you will not be able to perform transactions.
Desktop Wallet Upgrade Instructions
- Shutdown your previous Windows/Mac/Linux Guap desktop application completely.
- Locate the Guapcoin application folder and create a backup copy of the wallet.dat and store it in a separate folder for safety.
- Please download latest bootstrap.zip (https://github.com/guapcrypto/Guapcoin/releases/download/v2.3.2/bootstrap.zip).
- From the Guapcoin app folder, delete the blocks, chainstate and sproks folders and extract the contents of the bootstrap.zip to the Guapcoin folder.
- Download the Windows, Linux, or MacOS zip file and Launch the v2.3.2 desktop wallet/daemon here –> https://github.com/guapcrypto/Guapcoin/releases/tag/v2.3.2.
- Note: Windows64 users can run only the installer located at (https://github.com/guapcrypto/Guapcoin/releases/download/v2.3.2/Guapcoin-2.3.2-Setup-Win64.zip) and the software will complete the process.
Masternode Update Instructions
The instructions below are designed for users currently running an older version of Guapcoin v2.3.1. Please update to v2.3.2.
- wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/guapcrypto/Guap-v2.3.2-MN/main/GUAP-v2.3.2-18.04-MN-Update.sh
- sudo chmod +x GUAP-v2.3.2-18.04-MN-Update.sh
- wget -q https://raw.githubusercontent.com/guapcrypto/Guap-v2.3.2-MN/main/GUAP-v2.3.2-20.04-MN-Update.sh
- sudo chmod +x GUAP-v2.3.2-20.04-MN-Update.sh
A Warning About Downgrading
The chainstate database for this release is not compatible with previous releases, this is a mandatory update.
Guapcoin v2.3.2 was extensively tested and evaluated on multiple operating systems using the Linux kernel, MacOS 10.10+, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 18.04-20.04.
Guapcoin version Masternode update v2.3.2 is now available from: https://github.com/guapcrypto/Guap-v2.3.2-MN
Please report bugs using the issue tracker at github: https://github.com/guapcrypto/Guapcoin/issue
Training videos are currently being developed.