ERC-20 Guapcoin tokens were issued previously when Guap was first launched on the Ethereum network as a token. On October 26, 2018 a public announcement went out via email, Guapcoin’s Facebook channel and Guapcoin’s Discord channel: announcing that Guapcoin was making the pivotal move from the Ethereum network as an ERC-20 token to its own blockchain and state as a stand alone digital currency.
Holders of the ERC-20 tokens were given opportunity to swap those tokens for new Guapooins at the rate of 1 Guapcoin for every 100 ERC-20 tokens. The period for swapping ERC-20 tokens for Guapcoins has long since passed and there is now no way to convert Guap ERC-20 to Guapcoins now.
The Guap web wallet was discontinued some time ago and notices were sent out on all official Guapcoin channels at the time (Facebook, Discord, Email) of the pending shutdown. Web wallets holders were encouraged to transfer the Guap being held in their web wallets to a desktop or mobile wallet before the shutdown. The time access those coins have passed.
You can download a Guapcoin wallet on our website here: https://www.guapcoin.org/get-guap/
We appreciate your help! You can use all the content listed on www.guappromo.org
A coin is a digital currency or cryptocurrency. A token is a crypto that does not have its own blockchain. Originally Guap was a token built on the Ethereum blockchain. Now, we have our own blockchain which is a fork of BITCOIN – DASH – PIVX.
No. Guap Coin is a coin that uses Proof-of-stake as its consensus algorithm. Users participate in the staking process and are rewarded in coins for their participation. Users must lock coins to be eligible to stake – meaning they cannot spend the coins or they will not receive staking rewards.
Yes, Guapcoin can be bought and sold at www.probit.com
Masternodes are servers connected to a network, or blockchain that carries out specific functions pertinent to the operation of the blockchain. A masternode is a full node or a cryptocurrency wallet that is fully synced on the blockchain.
Some of the functions a Masternode may perform are:
- Processing private transactions
- Processing instant transactions
- Participate in governance or voting
There is a sizable investment to purchasing and running a masternode which is why masternode holders have to be incentivized (paid) to do so.
- Immature – The maturity of coins refers to their staking eligibility, which is controlled by their amount of confirmations. GUAP are considered mature once they have 6 confirmations, which takes about 6 minutes.
- Unconfirmed – A GUAP transaction that has not yet been included in a block.
- UTXO – UTXO stands for the unspent output from GUAP transactions (essentially the leftover change). Each GUAP transaction begins with coins used to balance the ledger. UTXOs are processed continuously and are responsible for beginning and ending each transaction. Confirmation of transaction results in the removal of spent coins from the UTXO database.
- Orphan block – A block that is no longer part of the active chain. This can happen most often after fixing your chain or if you stake a block successfully, but someone else staked one slightly sooner.
- Fork – In general terms, a fork is a divergence like a fork in a road. The most common use of this term in cryptocurrency is for code or chain forks. In both situations, the data leading up to the fork will match, but after the fork it will differ between the forks.
- Chain fork – A divergence of a blockchain, usually due to expanding or constricting the rules about what kind of blocks are valid.
- Code fork – A copy of existing code to be developed toward different goals.
- Wrong chain – The incorrect blockchain, usually by not updating your software with a mandatory version in time.
- GUI – Graphical User Interface.
- CLI – Command Line Interface.
- Scaled – A scaled transaction or balance indicates that it is on an old wallet version and the wallet has not been upgraded yet
Yes we do. You can create your own here: www.paperwallet.guapcoin.com
You can watch the tutotial below for extra assistance.
Decentralization is the process of distributing and dispersing power away from a central authority. Most financial and governmental systems, which are currently in existence, are centralized, meaning that there is a single highest authority in charge of managing them, such as a central bank or state apparatus. There are several crucial disadvantages to this approach, stemming from the fact that any central authority also plays the role of a single point of failure in the system: any malfunction at the top of the hierarchy, whether unintentional or deliberate, inevitably has a negative effect on the entire system. Bitcoin was designed as a decentralized alternative to government money and therefore doesn’t have any single point of failure, making it more resilient, efficient and democratic. Its underlying technology, the Blockchain, is what allows for this decentralization, as it offers every single user an opportunity to become one of the network’s many payment processors. Since Bitcoin’s appearance, many other cryptocurrencies, or altcoins, have appeared, and most of the times they also use the Blockchain in order to achieve some degree of decentralization.
- Taken from Cointelegraph
You can find the Guapcoin whitepaper here:
GUAP Coin is the first publicly launched decentralized cryptocurrency created to primarily address the economic and financial concerns of the Global African Diaspora community. This primarily includes African-Americans, Afro-Latinx, Afro-Caribbean, and any other group or culture that identifies with having historical roots on the continent of Africa. We are unified by similar struggles with our governing financial systems. We deal with gentrification, poverty, loss of ownership of our creative assets, our inventions, and in many cases we are rendered voiceless despite having such a great impact on society as a whole. We built entire civilizations and countries but we only finance the lifestyles of the elite and have little left over for ourselves. GUAP Coin is providing a voice for our spending power. GUAP Coin will empower us with tools and knowledge that will be forever immutable, and will leave a testimony to our greatness. Our spending power will be respected, earned, and valued using this blockchain.
Guap Coin belongs to everyone, but we are the guardians that are determined that our mission proliferates for as long as needed for our community.
Create an account on www.coinpayments.com
There you will be able to integrate their payment option and allow any website you have to accept Guapcoin. This is frendly to both WordPress, Shopify and many more website platforms.
When buying on Probit.com yes that is the only option. However, you can send other coins to probit, convert those to BTC and then buy Guapcoins. 😉
Yes you can. You can learn more about what you can do with your wallet(s) at www.guapacademy.org